Short Motivational Stories For Your Startup
Chris Grosser once said “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them”. So, here we are with the success stories of such people who chased their dreams and proved that the one those who think that they can change the world are the one who actually change it. They left their jobs with small dreams but a mount full of passion to complete them. They worked hard. They created history.
- Nykaa: The IIM-A alumnus Falguni Nayar, she left her 9 to 5 job at Kotak at the age of 50 to pursue her dreams of establishing Nykaa. The platform was launched to develop a one-stop-platform of beauty products in India, making it the first beauty exclusive eCommerce platform. She proved that age is just a number. Passion and hard work is all you need.
- ZIVAME: An engineering graduate from BITS Pilani left her corporate job in Bangalore and started selling lingerie online. Her parents did not support the idea initially as they were ashamed of what people will say. She launched the brand in 2011, with all her savings and Rs. 35Lakhs which she borrowed from her friends and today her company valuation is more than Rs. 681Crores.
- LIMEROAD: Limeroad was co-founded in 2012 by Suchi Mukherjee, Manish Saksena and Ankush Mehra as a fashion marketplace for women. She wanted to provide the safest platform for women who can shop online by knowing product information including manufacturer and shipping made out of India, and without the customer, technology wanted to make it easy and entertaining for women to find their local accessories and product.
- ZOMATO: Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah were the alumni of IIT Delhi and were the employees of Bain & Co in New Delhi. They used to see their co-workers waiting for menu cards and lunch a lot and that was the time when this idea came in their mind. Initially, there were a lot of problems related to funds etc but they didn’t stop and today their company has crossed a $3.25 million valuation mark.
- OLA CABS: 29-year-old Bhavish IIT-B Grad started this after a horrible experience in a rented car from Bangalore to Bandipur. The driver stopped the car in the middle of the road and started renegotiating the deal and when Bhavish refused to agree on the terms he asked him to get down out of nowhere. This was the time when he thought of solving this problem and today Ola has a valuation of more than $6.5 billion.
A little motivation, hard work, and passion is all you need to complete your dreams. So let’s just grab whatever we have and be ready to take a little risk because” if you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary “.